Tuesday 22 August 2017

SkAndRock official video release


Anidroc is back with a video to promote their new SkAndRock Album with a video for the title track. The Album will be out in the next couple of weeks. Anidroc has promised that it will have a lot of Ska and Rock as the title track obviously shows. Anidroc has always been Don Mario's solo project but now that Skambomambo is on hold, it is time to get some ska into Anidroc together with the electronic, funk and punk vibes that have consolidated the Anidroc trademark.






The music is by Anidroc and recorded at Anidroc Studios Bugibba Malta. This is Anidroc's first album recorded in Malta. The themes have some of the happy go lucky aspects Don Mario had always kept for Skambomambo together with the political, social  and deeper issues that have always crept into Anidroc music. "As a solo project this work means a lot to me," says Mario Cordina for Anidroc. "It was a way of finding my shoes in a new chapter in my personal and musical life. The musicians that I have worked with in the past are all far away and this is me, myself and I with a bit of nostalgia for the ska and a signpost for the future. I have worked a lot with Skambomambo and I really miss the band, but my musical soul has accompanied me on my journey and I am grateful that it will never abandon me."


The video is animated word art which makes for quite an original and creative video by Anidroc Film.

An A.M.P. production 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment